NIKE UNLIMITED AMSTERDAM
For the launch of the new Nike kit for the English football players, a big event was organized at Wembley Stadium and subsequently the collection was exposed in Nike’s store NTL London.
Nike organized a three day event in Amsterdam to discover the new Nike shoes protagonist of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
Omm Agency was asked to create an engaging installation to promote these shoes and make the participants feel like the Rio Athletes.
The users were invited by the staff member to register using an iPad application, try the new shoes and perform a sprint start.
The users are invited by the staff member to wear the shoes and register to participate in the Nike experience, compiling the form on the iPad.
Once the users are ready, the staff members, using the iPad application, send the command to the camera to shoot a sequence of photos.
The sequence of pictures are set together as a sequence of frames. Filters and overlapping images are then added. The result is an engaging video generated in real time.
All the videos generated are sent to the iPad in order to allow the user to choose their favourite and send it by email.
The video is received by the customer as an animated gif integrated in the e-mail and as an attached video that can be shared across social media formats.
Point Grey camera used to take photos.
WHAT I DID
- Designed the entire system and users’ journey, together with project team.
- Researched the right technology and hardware to get the desired result.
- Developed the software that receives commands from the iPad, takes the picture, applies the filters and sends it to the iPad for the preview.
- Assembled the hardware.
- Developed the software to control the LED strips and sound.
- Integrated and tested technology.
TECHNOLOGY I USED
- Teency 3.2 with OctoWS2811 Adaptor,
- Addressable RGB LED Strip
- Software Development Kit
- Motion sensors